MITS-SDC (MSDC) is set up to fulfill the growing needs for skilled manpower across IT and narrow the existing gap between the demand and supply of skills.
Upgrading skills to international standards through substantial industry involvement and develop frameworks. MSDC provides an opportunity for career development of students. Increasing demand of productive manpower for jobs triggered ourselves to engage in skill development sectors across the world.
To strengthen students with scope of Technical Skills by providing a series of training programs. Precisely, the Scheme aims to:
- Boost employability and productivity of youth by providing training on updated technologies
- Encourage standardization and initiate a process of creating a registry of skills
- Impart training through Industry & Academia experts in close interaction to produce employable graduates readily
- Empower students living in rural areas so as to bridge the urban rural divide
- Develop and deploy e-Governance applications in cost effective manner
Strategy to follow the 50-30-20 rule:
- 50% of your development should come from on-the-job activities and action learning. This can include development experiences like managing a project, serving on a cross-functional team, taking on a new task, job shadowing, job rotation, etc.
- 30% of your development should come from interactions with others. This includes having a mentor, being a mentor, coaching, participating in communities of practice, serving as a leader in a staff organization, etc.
- 20% of your development should come from training.
“All of the top achievers are life-long learners ....looking for new skills, insights and ideas. If they're not learning, they're not growing.... not moving towards excellence.”
To reach this excellence MSDC provides the necessary training for career development of students.
Dr. V. B. Thurai Raaj
Assistant Professor & Coordinator of APSSDC Department of EEE
- A Six days workshop on "Revit Architecture" for B.Tech III Year Civil students organized by Department of Civil Engineering and Collaboration with APSSDC on 17th March 2021. and Collaboration with APSSDC on 17th March 2021. .
- A 6 Days training Programme on “Google Android Developer Fundamentals" held during 21st to 26th October 2019 was organized by MITS & APSSDC.
- A 3 Day Faculty Development Program on "Advanced Python for Machine Learning" from 11th to 13th October 2019 was organized by MITS & APSSDC.
- MITS organized A Two Day FDP Programme on "SCILAB" in collaboration with APSSDC on 6th October 2018.
- MITS conducted a Three Day “IUCEE & SCALE” (Student Consortium for Advancement & Learning in Engineering Education) – AP Consortium Student Workshop“ in association with IUCEE & APSSDC during 27 to 29, September 2018.
- MITS organized “World Youth Skills Day (WYSD)” on 15 July 2017.