As per the UGC guidelines for the establishment of Special Cell for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes, MITS initiated the establishment of the SC/ST Cell for the improvement of the Academics, Employment & Entrepreneurial opportunities and Welfare of the SC/ST students.
To be an institution of excellence in higher education that continually responds to the changing social realities through the development and application of knowledge, towards creating a people-centred and ecologically sustainable society that promotes and protects the dignity, equality, social justice and human rights for all, with special emphasis on marginalised and vulnerable students.
In pursuance of its vision, the Madanapalle Institute of Technology and Science, Madanapalle organizes awareness programs to the students, remedial classes for slow learning students.
Monitor, promote and improve the students’ ability in Spoken English, Communication Skills, Higher Educational Opportunities, Employability Skills, Leadership Qualities And Entrepreneurship Skills, and also assist the students in various Competitive Exams.
To promote higher education among these two communities suffering economic, social and educational deprivations. Monitor the working of the remedial coaching scheme; Function as a Grievances Redressal Cell for the grievances of SC/ST students and employees of the MITS and render them necessary help in solving their academic as well as administrative problems.
The SC/ST Cell is established in the MITS to undertake the activities to develop awareness among the SC/ST students, especially from the rural areas. The staffs of the Cell actively engage in coordinating and habituating this environment. They also announce details of government scholarships and fellowships through circulars to the SC/ST students.
The SC/ST cell monitors the following activities of MITS
- The SC/ST Cell gives wide publicity through circulars to all the students about the various scholarships; namely, Post-Metric Scholarship, AP Higher Education Scholarship schemes, any other scholarships and fellowships.
- The SC/ST Cell takes up the problems of the SC/ST students and employees with the MITS authorities and divert the same to Grievances and redressal Cell – MITS to solve the issue.
- The Cell takes due care in monitoring the Book Bank and Book Grants for the SC/ST students on the central library – MITS and monitor the utilisation. The Cell also advises the students to utilise the facilities of the Book Bank and to borrow books depending on availability.
- The Cell provides post-admission orientation.to the students admitted in various programmes.
- The main focus is on the course curriculum, selection of optional subjects, and the whole new multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment that they are to face on the campus and various facilities available to them.
Capacity Building Sessions
- Arranges Language classes for students to improve communication skills and proficiency of language.
- Conducts programmes on ‘Personality Development’.
- Provides Career counselling to the students
- Arranges Computer classes to the students to enhance their skills in operating the computer.
- Conducts remedial/co-curricular classes in the following areas depending upon the students’ interest:
- Language classes for English and Foreign Languages
- Skill workshops for use of the library, writing an assignment, making presentation in class, public speaking, job selection and job interviews,
- Orientation on scholarships available for higher studies.
The SC/ST students and Employees can approach the Liaison Officer of the Cell for redressal of any of their grievance(s) regarding academic, administrative or social problems. The Liaison Officer often meets the concerned students and staff to understand their problems, submit the reports to Principal/Grievances and Redressal Cell (GRC) for further necessary action/necessary advice/help to resolve the matter.
Procedure to file a complaint
- A written complaint may be submitted to the Liaison Officer, SC/ST Cell. Any student and employee (including contractual, casual and temporary) of MITS can approach the Cell.
- A Drop Box is available in SC/ST Cell, any student/employee belonging to SC/ST may drop his/her complaint if any.
|Sl.No.||Name of the Committee Member||Designation||Role in SC/ST standing committee|
|1||Dr. C. Yuvaraj||Principal||Chairman|
|2||Dr. K. Chandramohan||Assistant Professor &
I B. Tech Coordinator