The institute has an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC), established as per the UGC guidelines, to realize the quality policy of the institute through continuous improvement process. The activities of IQAC and the best practices of the institute are guided by its strategic quality plan submitted at the beginning of the academic year. The IQAC Co-ordinator is part of all major committees to extend support to all the academic activities and recommends student centric core procedures. The IQAC has expressively contributed towards improving Curriculum, Academic Excellence, Teaching & Learning Process, Evaluation Methods and Research atmosphere in the institution. The Cell has ensured synchronization in various activities of the institution and institutionalized good practices.
The IQAC shall have the following functions:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the Colleges;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education; • Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities of the College, leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the college for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices;
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining / enhancing the institutional quality;
- Development of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the College based on the quality parameters/assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body (like NAAC, NBA, AB) in the prescribed format;
- Bi-annual development of Quality Radars (QRs) and Ranking of Integral Unites of Colleges based on the AQAR;
- Interaction with Student’s Quality Assurance Cell (SQACs) in the pre and post accreditation quality assessment, sustenance and enhancement endeavours.
- To realize the tenets of the institute’s quality policy
- To establish a quality system to improve the academic and administrative performance of the Institution.
- To promote internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
- The management on its part will create an environment conducive for teaching, learning, and research
- The management will provide the infrastructure, time space, and equipment required to conduct teaching-learning and research
- The faculty will adhere to the standards established for teaching, research, and other academic/administrative activities.
- The faculty will motivate, encourage, and inspire students through their capacities such as class teacher, mentor and guide.
- Students would use the infrastructure, facilities, and equipment to maximise their learning and obtain appropriate placements/higher studies.
- The students would maintain decorum of the establishment by adhering to timelines, schedules, and standards of behaviour.
- The students would act as ambassadors for promoting the learning culture at MITS not only among the current students but also the prospective students
- The institute will maintain seamless communication links with alumni/parents/employers and seek guidance/information regarding trends/needs of the industry.
- The institute will invite selected alumni/ employers/ parents to participate in academic/non-academic activities in order to encourage, motivate, and inspire students to take up the challenges of the world.
The IQAC committee will meet once every quarter.